Carapeços, Travanca, Amarante
+351 226 007 844
The first reference to Quinta de Carapeços dates back to 1338, the year in which one of the daughters of Martim Carvalho, Knight de Basto, married João de Carapeços, lord of the "Quinta" (estate) with the same name. In 1351, the property was sold and, in the early 17th century, it became part of the Monastery of Travanca.
With the extinction of the Religious Orders, in 1834, the "Quinta" was sold and is currently owned by a descendant of the aforementioned Martim Carvalho. The "Quinta" produces white, rosé, red, sparkling and late harvest wines, which over the years have received numerous national and international awards.