Chapel and Garden of the Lord of the Afflicted - Rota do Românico

Other Monuments

Chapel and Garden of the Lord of the Afflicted


Praça da República, Lousada

41.2775, -8.281389

See Map

In 1840, Manuel José Pereira, one of the town's tradesmen, commissioned the construction of a small wooden chapel to house an image of Christ Crucified at "Monte das Pedrinhas". The construction works started in 1860 and lasted until 1894.